Hampshire Astronomical Group
Login to the Members' Area
To gain access to the Members' Area, you will need to login. To do this, enter your details into the boxes below, and click the button labelled Login.
Useful Help and advice when using the Member's Area:
- If you are told your password is wrong (the Username and Password combination could not be found), then make sure that you remove anything from the password box so that it is empty before you re-type your password. It is often better not to have software remember your password if other people also use the same computer.
- When typing your password, be careful of the CAPS LOCK key! Passwords are case-sensitive , which means that they will treat "cat", "Cat" and "CAT" as completely different passwords.
- The first time you log in, make sure you change your password. Use something you can remember easily, but which is not easy for other people to guess.
- NEVER SHARE YOUR PASSWORD WITH ANYONE ELSE. You are responsible for any activity on the site using your login. If you believe somebody else has obtained your password, you should change your password straight away, and also contact the webmaster to report it.
Problems logging in:
- Over 90% of problems are caused by mistyping the password. Delete anything in the password box and retype your password very carefully.
- If you still have problems logging in, contact the webmaster to have your password reset.
- If you are using the correct password, are not receiving an error message, and are unable to gain access, this will be a security setting on your computer or possibly a fault. We are happy to help you where we can if this happens, but we would suggest getting your system checked by a computer technician.
- In very rare and exceptional circumstances, we may need to restrict your access to the members area. If we do this, you will receive a specific message when you try to login telling you that you are locked out, and giving you the reason. If you do not receive this message, then we have not locked you out, and there should be no reason you can't access the members area. If you are in doubt, contact the webmaster.